UFC news, rumors: Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson set for UFC 274



Michael Chandler vs. Tony Ferguson is well on its way. UFC announced on Friday that Chandler vs. Ferguson is on for UFC 274 on Saturday, May 7. Multiple outlets reported on Thursday that the fight was in the works. The card is set to take place from the Footprint Center in Phoenix, Arizona, with 155-pound champion Charles Oliveira battling Justin Gaethje in the main event.

 UFC announced on Friday that Chandler vs. Ferguson is on for UFC 274 on Saturday, May 7

Contending in a similar weight class as the main event possibly opens the entryway for Chandler and Ferguson to fill in as reinforcements if Oliveira or Gaethje are constrained out of the battle. UFC president Dana White has peered toward a battle among Chandler and Ferguson for a really long time.


"I think my greatest benefit, I believe I'm simply essential and I will keep a high speed, which we realize Tony can keep a high speed, yet I believe it will be somewhat more honed," Chandler recently told CBS Sports. "I think I think my power will be a ton for him. I believe I will have a speed advantage and a physicality advantage. I believe I'm great in every one of the areas that Tony is great. I believe he has exceptionally smooth jiu-jitsu. I still can't seem to at any point be trapped in an accommodation, so I don't see Tony getting me in anything like that. However, he is exceptionally perilous on the ground."


Chandler (22-7) has had blended accomplishment since bouncing from Bellator MMA to UFC, yet he was quickly tossed into the profound end. The previous three-time Bellator lightweight boss endorsed with UFC as a substitute for the lightweight title battle between champion Khabib Nurmagomedov and Gaethje. He made a vehement UFC debut by overcoming Dan Hooker through first-round TKO. He tested for the empty UFC lightweight title in his second battle for the advancement, losing to Oliveira. Chandler is falling off CBS Sports' Fight of the Year against Gaethje at UFC 268.


Ferguson (25-6) is encountering his own harsh stretch. The previous UFC interval lightweight top dog enters the Chandler battle on his first profession losing streak, snapping his vocation best 12-battle series of wins. The Chandler battle follows misfortunes to Gaethje, Oliveira and Beneil Dariush. At his prime, Ferguson was viewed as the greatest danger to Nurmagomedov's immaculate record subsequent to overcoming any semblance of Rafael dos Anjos, Donald Cerrone, Anthony Pettis, Edson Barboza and Josh Thomson.


More UFC news, bits of hearsay

Positioned bantamweights crash in the headliner of UFC Vegas 53. Ransack Font versus Marlon Vera is booked to feature the UFC Fight Night card on Saturday, Apr. 30 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas, Nevada. The battle was first revealed by ESPN's Brett Okamoto. Text style and "Chito" Vera share normal troubles as each man experienced his last misfortune to Jose Aldo. Luckily, Vera had opportunity and willpower to recuperate with consecutive successes over Frankie Edgar and Davey Grant. Textual style is falling off the Aldo misfortune in the headliner of UFC Vegas 44, snapping a series of wins over Cody Garbrandt, Marlon Moraes, Ricky Simon and Sergio Pettis.

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post
Girl in a jacket